I wanted to make a fretless guitar like Vigier of Ron Thal. With a metal fret board. I’m not there yet…
I found a crapy guitar in a thrift store, so I decided that it would be the test one.
- Removing the first frets
- Using a soldering iron to melt the glue
- All the frets removed
- Using a mock neck to test the glue approach
The glue is a bi-composant epoxy mixed with flour (that I did transport in a old curry container, so the glue was smelling the curry for some time).
- First application of tape and glue
- Drying it
- Before/After sanding
- End result after sanding
- Then I glued the plate, let it dry, and everything broke when I tried to cut it on the band saw
- So I made a quick and cheap support to sand it